Sunday, October 21, 2007

Seek Him Early

Psalm 63: 1-2
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

My main struggle right now is in prayer. I know that every spiritual gift within me is going be activated in prayer. I know that the breakthroughs I am expecting are going to manifest through prayer. I know that every promise that God has spoken will be birthed out through prayer. And not in praying about myself, but specifically intercessory prayer – standing in the gap for others.

Right now I feel like David in Psalm 63. My soul thirsts for Jesus, I want to see His power and His glory, greater than ever before. It is time for me to seek God early while He may be found. Not just early in the morning, but right now while I am alive. I have to find a place where I can be alone with the LORD, even if it is in my car. I need to get up early every morning, no matter how tired I feel, and consistently get into the presence of God and intercede on behalf of others. I know there will be opposition, but God will not give me more than I can handle, and right now these desires are too strong to ignore. I must get closer to God.

I had the pleasure of attending the women’s fellowship last night running the soundroom, and after Prophetess Jean spoke she passed the mic to my sister from Homestead, Pastor Tarea. I hold her in very high regard, although I have not fellowshipped with her much, I have a lot of love for her, she has one of those kindred spirits that I kind of cling to. One thing that Pastor Tarea said was that the best time to be intimate in a marriage is early in the morning - the same thing goes with the LORD. As His wife, the best intimacy we’ll have is when we wake up early in the morning and get to “know” Him.

Looking introspectively at myself, prayer is the missing ingredient in everything that I do. I exort everyone reading this to examine yourself. Is your prayer life what it should be? Are you growing in your relationship with the LORD? Is there open communication between you and God? Have you gotten to know Him as Eve knew Adam? There is fullness of joy in His presence (Psalm 16:11). Seek God early while He may be found.

Proverbs 8:17
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

No comments: