Friday, November 2, 2007

A Mighty Fortress is My God

It's been a minute since my last post. I've written a few devotionals that I didn't post since my last entry, but I'm going to start fresh with this one.

God was dealing with me this morning about what truly matters in life. What good is having material possessions when you have no power to affect people around you? What good is being comfortable when there are people around you on their way to hell? I've been very uncomfortable lately, but it is a different discomfort than I've faced in times past. Yeah the living situation is crazy, the finances are tight, spirits around me use people to irritate me, and things are getting hectic in ministry. Yeah I'm dealing with some issues in personal relationships that make no sense. But that is not what is making me uncomfortable anymore. What truly bothers me is that I am in a dry place where it seems as if I have no real power to change situations. The anointing on my life seems stagnated. My prayers feel hindered. My mind feels cluttered, even in prayer. I have peace, yet people are pulling me in many directions, and I am noticing that it is distracting me from God's purpose for my life. I've put so much weight on relationships with people, that when they go sour, it bothers me and rather than work it out I feel like giving up. I'm noticing that even the people that you think are closest to you can turn on you and actually play with your emotions. I'm finding that it is a dangerous thing to trust in even an ounce of flesh - whether it is my own ability or someone else. So right now I surrender everything to God and I'm just going to stand, hold my peace, and allow Him to fight my battles.

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him! Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away. - Psalm 144:1-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I can't even begin to tell you how much this touched me. The LORD is faithful, and your obedience will not go unrewarded. Don't doubt His power, TRUST THAT HE IS LORD AND HE WILL HAVE DOMINION OVER YOUR LIFE! God bless you.