Tuesday, October 9, 2007

God is Faithful

Romans 5:1-5
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."


For the first time, in a very long time, I find myself unable to sleep. Maybe it’s the pound of pasta I ate just before I went to bed. Maybe it’s the A/C blasting next to me, as I lay on the sofa trying to find a semi-comfortable position to rest in. Maybe it’s my brother in Christ sleeping on the floor below me, snoring so loud that I can’t keep a train of thought long enough to pray. Or, maybe it’s because everything that I took for granted in my life seems to be slowly taken away. Yesterday I was laid off from my job. After 4 and a half years of service, my time at Chicago Title was up. I can’t say that it caught me off guard, because even yesterday morning my mind was thinking about what I would do if I lost my job. Throughout the morning I wondered why other people in the department were getting work I usually did. When I got pulled into the conference room and saw the new regional manager sitting down with a frown on his face, I knew the inevitable. But it was bitter sweet. It wasn’t a job I particularly enjoyed working, however I loved the people I worked with. So now I find myself in an uncomfortable position. I have no job, nowhere to live since just last week the apartment I was planning on moving into didn’t work out (I understand why now), those that are closest to me seem to be further away than ever, and I have no choice but to trust in God. And you know what’s funny? Just a few months ago I received a prophecy that October would be my month, that I would have promotion on the job and be in a position to minister to those I work with, that I would be living in a studio apartment, and that I would be in a position to get married. So as always, you know His word is being tried and proven. I have no job, no apartment, not even an engagement ring nevermind a wedding date planned, and I’m praising God through it all. Every prophetic word I have received has been tried – sometimes it wasn’t until things looked absolutely impossible that He performed His Word.


1 Timothy 1:18-19
"This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck"


I believe He is setting Himself up to receive maximum glory. When He moves in my life, there is no way anyone can say that man had anything to do with it, and that is exactly the way I want it to be. It is no longer about me anyways, it is about His glory. It is about serving Him no matter what the situation, being content and thankful for all things, understanding that He knows best. It is about Christ being glorified and me staying humbled. It is about loving God, loving myself, and loving others as myself. No matter what happens, I cannot forsake my responsibility as a minister of Jesus Christ whose mission is to preach the Gospel to the poor and bring edification to the saints. God is in control and I look forward to what He has planned in this next stage of my life. God is truly sovereign. He is in control of all things, and He has the best interest of His children at heart at all times. Hallelujah! The LORD is worthy to be praised! Holy is the lamb of God, who is and was and is to come! For His majesty reigns from everlasting to everlasting! May the LORD Jesus Christ, Yeshua Ha'Mashiach, be glorified alone in all things. Amen.


Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

No comments: