Monday, April 7, 2008

Perfect Peace

God's perfect peace is amazing. So much so it is impossible to put into words. In the midst of trials and disappointment, I find myself in a state of constant peace that I have rarely experienced. It is almost as if I am aboard that boat on the raging sea with Jesus and his disciples (Mark 4:36:41), except the storm is in the form of trials, suffering, and rejection. Rather than be moved by the storm as the disciples were, I chose to call on Jesus, who said "Peace, be still." And what could have caused me to panic and doubt, instead elevated me to a place of perfect peace where my faith has multiplied to a level it has never been.

Even as I write this I am listening to a song called Peace by Othello. I am reminded of one of my favorite scriptures:

Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Being careful for nothing also means to be anxious for nothing and to take no thought for anything! For as Isaiah said in chapter 26 verse 3: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." As we keep our mind on Christ we prove that we trust in Him. When we trust in the LORD with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding, God's peace will reign. That is why Paul wrote through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the next verse of Phillipans 4 - "...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (verse 8) What we meditate on affects our very state of being. This is why we must meditate on the Word day and night. Not only does the Word of God bring renewal to our mind - but it also brings peace. The Word was with God, the Word was God, the Word became flesh in Jesus, and Jesus is our peace!

Ephesians 2:14 - "He is our peace"

1 comment:

Asia said...

Wow, you are such an encourgment. I wish I could be as strong as you are when going thourgh those hard times. Brother just know that I am praying for you. God bless